Kobe Bryant praised the tactical approach of European basketball while doing press for the FIBA World Cup drawing. 

"It gave me a huge advantage actually because when I grew up playing overseas, I was learning the fundamentals of the game. I wasn't learning the between-the-legs, behind-the-back stuff. I was learning just tactical things like moving without the ball or making the fundamentally sound passes, left hand, right hand. How to use the angle on the bank shot. How to hide behind screens - just all the tactical things. We would have been lucky to scrimmage and play once a week. We'd be really lucky to do that. I think it gave me a huge advantage, so when I came back to America, the kids didn't know how to do that. And you couldn't learn to do that in one day or one week. That stuff had to be taught over years whereas between-the-legs and behind-the-back, I could learn that in a week," said Bryant.

Bryant added that if he could have been teammates with one player from the international game, it would have been Dimitris Diamantidis from Greece

"I love and wish I had him. His length and his size, and what he could do defensively, I would have loved to have another player on the wing who could harass little point guards."

코비는 FIBA 월드컵 대진추첨 중 있던 기자회견에서 유럽농구의 전술적 접근에 대해 칭찬했습니다. 

"해외에서 플레이하는 건 저한테 엄청난 도움이 됐습니다. 왜나하면 농구의 기본을 배울 수 있었기 때문이죠. 비트윈 더 레그나 비하인드 백 드리블 같은 것들을 배우는 게 아니었습니다. 오프 볼 움직임이나 양손 모두로 양질의 패스를 뿌리는 방법들을 배우고 뱅크샷 각도를 조절하는 법, 스크린 뒤에 숨는 법 등 그야말로 기본적인 것들 말이죠. 운이 좋으면 일주일에 한 번 정도 경기를 할 수 있었습니다. 진짜로요. 저는 이게 매우 큰 도움이 되었다고 생각합니다. 미국에 돌아왔는데 여기 애들은 그런 걸 할 줄 모르더군요. 그리고 그런 기본기는 하루나 일주일만으로 배울 수 없는 것들이죠. 저 같은 경우 비트윈 더 레그나 비하인드 백 드리블은 일주일이면 배울 수 있었지만 말씀 드린 기본기는 몇 년에 걸쳐 배워야 하는 것들입니다. "

코비는 만약 국제 경기에서 한 명의 선수와 같은 팀을 할 수 있다면 그리스 국적의 Dimitris Diamantidis를 고르겠다고 말했습니다. 

"전 그를 진짜 좋아하고 같은 팀이면 좋겠어요. 키 크고 사이즈도 좋으며 수비도 좋은 그같은 윙어가 작은 포인트가드들을 괴롭히는 모습을 너무 보고 싶어요"