Xp
NBA-Talk
/ / /
Xpert

(번역) 지노빌리, 로데오트립 이후 슬럼프를 겪던 스퍼스를 방문하다.

Updated at 2019-03-18 23:41:56

얼마 전 중계에서 지노빌리가 요즘 스퍼스 연습 때 함께 한다는 이야기를 듣고 기사를 검색해보다가 찾은 글입니다.

지노빌리가 아르헨티나 신문에 직접 기고한 글을 팬포럼에서 영문으로 번역해놓은 것 같아요.

글을 읽다 재미있어 번역도 해보았습니다. 특별한 내용은 없지만 스퍼스팬이라면 좋아하실 것 같아요.

(처음으로 번역해본거라 실수가 많이 있을텐데 수정할 부분이 있다면 말씀해주세요)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manu Ginobili visited the slumping Spurs after the Rodeo Road Trip

(지노빌리, 로데오트립 이후 슬럼프를 겪던 스퍼스에 방문하다)

나는 잘 지내고 있어. 지난 몇 달은 좀 다르긴 했지만 나는 언제나 어떤 방식으로든 팀과 연결되어 있었어. 시즌 초반에 나는 팀에 더 적극적으로 개입했고 팀원들과도 더 많은 시간을 보냈지. 나는 시즌 초반에 벌어진 거의 모든 게임을 지켜봤어. 이후 나는 아르헨티나로 휴가를 떠났고 시차 문제로 인해 팀의 발전되는 모습을 지켜보지 못했어. 그럼에도 나는 여전히 하루가 지나면 시합 결과와 팀의 승패 여부를 확인했지. 나는 이제 다시 샌안토니오로 돌아왔고 휴가 때와는 다른 방식으로 팀에 연결되어 있어. 

팀에 다시 돌아왔을 때 우리 팀은 힘든 시간을 보내고 있었어. 남은 플레이오프 자리를 위해 싸우고 있었고 로데오트립은 잘 흘러가지 않았지. 나는 로데오 트립의 남은 일정에 합류했고 경기 결과는 나를 아주 심란하게 했어. 나는 이제 선수가 아니고 벌어진 결과에 대해서도 책임이 없지만 나는 여전히 포포비치 감독님, 스태프, 나의 팀메이트에 대한 애착이 있어. 나는 그들이 잘 해내길 원해. 그래서 특히 토론토전(특별한 열정으로 플레이를 잘 해냈지만 결국 패배로 끝났던..)과 같은 패배를 지켜보는 건 힘들었어. 토론토전의 패배는 모두에게 상처가 되었고 그 실망은 닉스전 패배로 이어졌다고 생각해. 친구로서, 또 한 사람의 팬으로서, 닉스와의 경기 같은 패배를 지켜보는 건 힘들어. 나는 코칭스태프나 선수들이 상처받았다는 걸 알 수 있었어. 선수에게는 도저히 코트에서 머무르고 싶지 않고 싶은 경기들이 있고 닉스 전은 그것 중 하나였지. 이야기했던 두 경기는 지켜보는 것조차 힘들었고 그렇기 때문에 이어진 브루클린과의 경기도 너무 열중해서 보지 않으려고 했어. 

이후 디트로이트와의 중요한 결전이 있기 전, 나는 연습경기에 가서 팀원들과 어울렸어. 분위기가 무거울 것이라 생각했고 뭔가 팀에 도움이 되고 싶었기 때문에 나는 그곳에 머물러있어야 한다고 생각했어. 연습 때 경기장에 가는 건 나에게는 친구를 만나러 술집에 가는 것과 같아. 전체적인 팀 분위기를 반전시켜야했고 그러기 위해서는 디트로이트전을 반드시 이겨야 했어. 나는 그날 연습 때 많은 걸 예의주시해서 지켜봤고 팀 전체의 신체적인 소통이 달라진걸 느꼈어. 전체력인 경기력이 훨씬 나아졌고 팀의 승리는 그것에 지대한 역할을 했어. 

우리 모두는 팀이 달라졌다는걸 받아들여야 했지. 지난 시즌만 해도 많은 변화가 있었지만 그때는 토니(파커)와 내가 있었고 그 변화가 크게 드러나지 않을 수 있었지. 팀에 드로잔과 같은 선수가 새로 합류하고 알드리지와 같은 선수와 호흡을 맞추어 팀을 리드해야 할 때 그들은 플레이 방식을 어떻게든 조율해야 해. 하지만 가장 큰 원칙은 언제나 동일하지. 가장 큰 문제는 디펜스에 있어. 스탯을 살펴보면 우리팀의 수비는 지난 15년 동안 거의 상위 5팀 안에 있었어. 하지만 지금 우리팀의 수비는 리그 20위 밑에 있지. 특별한 수비수들이 팀을 떠났다는 것을 생각하면 놀라운 일은 아니야. 카와이, 대니그린, 카일과 같은 선수들이 바로 그런 선수들인데, 그들은 이제 팀에 없지. 물론 시즌 시작 전부터 고민해왔던 부분이지만 팀의 수비는 여전히 문제가 되고 있어. 공격적인 측면에서 우리팀은 괜찮다고 생각해. 우리 팀의 슈팅은 훌륭해. 하지만 수비적인 측면은 더 나아져야 하고, 우리팀의 수비는 나아지고 있는 중이야. 우리는 오클라호마시티와의 경기 같은 중요한 경기를 이겼고 수비가 더 나아질 수 있다는 걸 보여주었다고 생각해. 

나는 가능하면 경기장에 직접가서 경기를 보는데 그건 아이들이 경기장에 가는 걸 엄청 좋아하기 때문이야. 솔직히 말하면 나는 집에서 경기를 보는걸 더 선호해. 하지만 아이들이 좋아하기 때문에 일찍 잠들 필요가 없는 주말이면 경기장에 가지. 그런 측면에서 보면 나는 한사람의 팬일 뿐이야. 경기가 잘 풀리는 날은 좋고 그렇지 않은 날에는 경기를 잘 즐기지 못해. 경기장에서 관중들의 에너지를 느끼고 경기를 라이브로 보는 건 신나는 일이야. TV에서는 보지 못하는 관중들의 얼굴, 벤치에서의 상황들, 포포비치 감독님이 뭔가를 이야기하는 걸 볼 수 있고 이건 멋진 경험이야. 아마 40경기를 경기장에 가서 보지는 못하겠지만 지금처럼 가끔가다 경기장에서 게임을 보는 건 멋진 것 같아. 

나는 몇몇 팀들이 발전하는 걸 즐겁게 지켜보고 있어. 특히 덴버와 밀워키는 그들이 성장했음을 증명해냈는데 이 팀들을 지켜보는 건 정말 흥미로워. 브루클린과 새크라멘토 역시 팀이 함께 성장할 수 있다는 걸 보여주었고. 필라델피아도 이와 유사하지만 그들은 이제 더 진지하게 우승을 노릴 수 있는 팀이 되었어.

(글의 마지막에는 국가대표와 관련된 단락이 있는데 이 부분은 번역을 하지 않았습니다) 

I’m doing great. These past few months were different for me, but I was always in some way connected to the team. I was more actively involved at the start of the season, spending more time around the guys. I watched almost all of the first few games, but then I went on holiday to Argentina and the time difference made it hard for me to keep tabs on the team’s evolution. I still always checked on the results the day after, looking at whether they were winning. Now that I’m back, I’ve been able to be involved in a different way again.

It just so happened that when I started following the team more closely again they were going through a delicate time, because they are still fighting for a playoff spot and the Rodeo Road Trip didn’t go well. I jumped back in with the three road games they lost (RaptorsKnicks and Nets) and the way they went kind of upset me. I’m not playing any more and I have no responsibility for what happens but I do still have a lot of affection for Pop, his assistants and my former teammates. I want them to do well. So watching a game like the one against Toronto, in which they play well and then lose in such an incredible fashion at the end is tough. I think that defeat hurt them, it brought them down and led to the loss to the Knicks, a team that had hadn’t won for the past 15 games or so. As a friend and a fan, it’s tough to watch the Spurs lose, especially a game like the one in New York. I could see the coaching staff and the players hurting. It was one of those games in which you just don’t want to be out there. I had a tough time watching those two games, so I decided to not watch the Brooklyn game as intently.

After that, before a key game against the Pistons, I went to practice and hung out with the guys. I thought I needed to be there with them because the mood might be somber and it would be good to help someway. To be at practice with the Spurs to me is like going to a bar to see your friends. They had to win because they needed a morale boost. I paid close attention to everything that day and from the start I noticed that the team’s body language was different. They played better and got a win that helped a lot.

We just have to accept that this is a different team. It was already different last season, but since Tony and I were there to anchor it, the change was not as noticeable. When you add a player like (DeMar) DeRozan to lead the team along with LaMarcus (Aldridge) you just have to adjust to their game. But the principles are the same. The biggest deficit is on defense.

If we look at the team’s stats, in the past 15 years it was almost always in the top five on defense and now they are below the 20th spot. It’s not . . . surprising issue since there’s lesser defensive personnel available. Everyone knew that Kawhi (Leonard), Danny (Green) and Kyle (Anderson), three key players on that end, were gone. They talked about it before the season, but they are now still struggling a little. Offensively the group is fine, they are shooting well. But they know they have to tighten things up on the other end and are doing it. Against Oklahoma City they won a huge game and started to show they can do it.

I go to the arena to watch the team when I can and because the kids, who really like going to the Spurs stadium, ask me to. If I’m being honest, I’m more comfortable watching the games from home, but since the twins and Luca like going, we try to get organized and attend home games during the weekend, when it doesn’t matter how late we go to bed. I’m honestly just another fan when I’m there in a way, enjoying myself when things go well and not so much when they don’t. It’s actually cool to feel the energy of the crowd and watch the game live, since you can notice things you can’t on TV. You can see everyone’s faces, what’s happening on the bench or what Pop says while the team runs a set. I enjoy the experience. I probably wouldn’t do it for 40 games, but going from time to time, like I’m doing now, is exciting.

I’ve also been watching how some teams have evolved and I find what Denver and Milwaukee have done to confirm their growth be really interesting. Brooklyn and Sacramento have also showed how you can grow as a team. Similarly, Philadelphia is now a more serious team, because of how they play and how they’ve put together a roster to contend in the East.

During my holiday I was also attentive to what was going on with the national team. The last two games didn’t have a ton of appeal, since the goal of getting to China was completed, so what interested me most was to think about what they did throughout the qualifiers, which was undoubtedly great. They qualified to the World Cup with two matches to spare and that’s amazing, because we have to keep in mind that at first there were some doubts after that loss to Uruguay in Olavarria. But the guys sorted things out and after that the qualification was never in doubt. They won the games they had to win, played well and there was always someone stepping up to help when needed. And they almost won the last two games without Facu (Campazzo), Nico (Laprovittola) and Luifa (Scola). They did really well in the first edition of a new tournament that presented a lot of challenges. It’s really commendable what the team, Oveja (Coach Sergio Hernandez) and those who were always there achieved. It’s not easy to qualify for a World Cup, but we will be there in China.

Comments
2019-03-18 23:30:28

행님 보고싶습니다

2019-03-18 23:32:03

그러니까... 이제 복귀하셔야죠?

2019-03-18 23:34:53
2019-03-18 23:35:52

휴스턴은 알렌형님도 데꼬 올라 하드만....형님도?

2019-03-18 23:36:10

1년만 은퇴를 미루고 웨이드나 노비옹처럼 많은 추억을 더 남기고 떠났으면 좋았을텐데 아쉽네요

은퇴한 패션왕과 함께 가끔 후배들 교감해줬으면 좋겟네요

오랜만에 들어가 본

머레이 인스타에  SOON이라는 글이 너무 반갑더군요

종테야 재활잘해서 너도 마누옹 나이때까지 스퍼스 에 머리카락을 묻자

Updated at 2019-03-18 23:54:50

엇.. 머레이는 지금 헤어스타일이 귀여우니 다른걸로.. 해주세요..

머리카락은 화이트가... 

2019-03-19 00:18:20

영원한 샌안맨.. 마누 지노빌리

2019-03-19 01:01:20

행님 폽할배 연세도 있는데. 슬슬 인수인계 받으셔야져.

2019-03-19 01:13:02

번역감사합니다

2019-03-19 01:43:57

이렇게라도 마누가 뭐하는 중인지 알게 되서 좋네요.

2019-03-19 07:42:54

개인팬의 희망이지만 마누가 폽할배의 후계자가 되었으면 하는데 어려운 일이겠죠? 나의 민머리 판타지스타를 이대로 보낼수가...

2019-03-19 08:43:59

마누형 그립소..

2019-03-19 22:05:09

(추천)보고싶어...

글쓰기
검색 대상
띄어쓰기 시 조건

SERVER HEALTH CHECK: OK