NBA-Talk
Xp
자동
NBA-Talk
/ / / /
Xpert

딜론테 웨스트의 멘트 (계약 체결 후)

2008-09-13 23:34:23

Cleveland Cavaliers guard Delonte West has signed a multi-year contract with the team, Cavaliers General Manager Danny Ferry announced today. Per team and league policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Acquired from the Seattle SuperSonics on Feb. 21 as part of a three-team, 11-player trade, West played in 61 games (31 starts) for Seattle and Cleveland and averaged 8.3 points on .413 shooting, 3.2 rebounds and 3.8 assists in 25.1 minutes per game during the 2007-08 season. In 26 games (all starts) with the Cavaliers, the 6-foot-3 guard averaged 10.3 points on .440 shooting, 3.7 rebounds and 4.5 assists in 31.0 minutes per game.

This is the first time since I was offered a scholarship at St. Joes that I feel like I am valued as a person and a player. Dan Gilbert and the Cavaliers have shown me that they value me as a person and a player and that was the most import!ant thing to me,” said West. “In that sense, this was not about a specific dollar amount. You can’t really put a dollar value on a person, their skills you can, but not their heart and what kind of person they are. My family is blessed and I feel a great relief to be able to concentrate on basketball now.”

RealGM Note: West was 180th in season FIC, but saw his minutes go up dramatically after being traded from Seattle to Cleveland. He 'deserved' to make $3.63 million during the 2007-08 season. West had been threatening to take the $2.7 million qualifying offer while asking for $5 million annually.

--> 이상은 아이 러브 느바 카페에서 '번슨이' 님이 올려주신 뉴스기사 중 일부만 발췌하였습니다.

딜론테 웨스트가 재계약 성사후 위와 같은 이야기를 했다고 합니다.

요점은 자신이 대학시절 장학금을 제공받은 이후 처음으로 한 사람으로서, 선수로서 가치를 인정받았다는 느낌을 받고 있다고 합니다. 댄 길버트와 캐벌리어스가 자신을 선수로서, 한 사람으로서 가치를 평가해 주었고 이것은 달라의 문제가 아니고 자신에게는 가장 중요한 문제라고 합니다.

대니 페리씨가 이번에 어쨌든 용단을 내려서 좋은 선수 하나의 마음까지 얻는 데 성공한 듯 싶습니다. 웨스트의 말을 들으니 왠지 가슴이 찡해지네요. 나름 좋은 선수인데 그동안 기회가 참 주어지지 않았던 것 같습니다.

역시 사람은 돈 이전에 자신의 가치를 인정받고 싶어 하는 법임을 확인할 수 있네요.

웨스트가 클블에 더 마음을 주고 열심히 해서 클블에서 최고의 커리어를 쌓을 수 있기를 기대해봅니다.

Comments
2008-09-14 10:38:03

뱅크스, 찰머스, 퀸이 있는 히트팬의 입장으로
모윌, 웨스트, 깁슨이 있는 클블 참 부럽습니다

2008-09-14 02:01:29

아이구 이녀석아 어째 넌 말하는 것까지 그렇게 신통하냐~
우리 같이 2010년까지 달려보자꾸나!

2008-09-14 23:32:26

이번시즌 클블에게 자비는 없군요!!!

드디어 클블은 다가오는 08-09시즌을 매우 안정적이고 바라던 로스터를 가지고 임할수 있게 되었군요.

2008-09-15 10:03:06

기특한 자식..

글쓰기
검색 대상
띄어쓰기 시 조건

SERVER HEALTH CHECK: OK