Free-Talk
Xp
NBA Maniazine
/ / /
Xpert

[First Take] 휴스턴 시리즈 동안 커리에게 휴식을 줘야 하는가?

Updated at 2016-04-23 10:25:44

The Rockets took advantage of Steph Curry’s absence last night beating the Warriors in Game 3 97:96. Even with the series now at two games to one Warriors still have a 97 percent chance to win according to Basketball Power Index(BPI).

어젯밤 커리의 결장을 기회를 삼아 로케츠가 워리어스를 97 96으로 승리하였습니다. 어제 승리로 인해서 시리즈가 2 1이 되었음에도 불구하고 Basketball Power Index에 따르면 워리어스가 시리즈를 승리할 확률이 97%가 된다고 합니다.

What should the Warriors do with Curry now?

워리어스와 커리는 어떻게 해야 할까요?

Smith

Well, listen. You don’t want the series to be tied 2:2. You surely don’t want a replica of last night, but I think it depends. I think if Steph Curry is not closed to 100%, you don’t take the chance. If you think additional days of rest is going to help you, do whatever you can do to make that happen. The worst-case scenario is that the series is going to be tied to 2:2. Now that’s a peculiar position to be in, no doubt. But nevertheless I think this Warriors team can beat Houston without Steph Curry. I think they should have won last night’s game. I don’t see them playing the same way they played last night in Game 4.

자 봐바. 당연히 시리즈가 2 2로 비기길 원치 않지. 그리고 당연히 어제와 같은 결과를 원치 않을거야, 하지만 상황에 따라 다르다고 봐. 만약에 커리가 100%가 아니라면 도박 할 이유가 없어. 만약에 몇일의 휴식이 커리의 회복에 도움이 된다면 뭐가 되었든 그렇게 하는게 맞아. 최악의 시나리오는 시리즈가 2 2로 동점이 되는거지. 확실히 아주 낯선 일이 될거야. 하지만 어찌되었든 난 이 워리어스 팀이 커리 없이도 휴스턴을 이길 수 있다고 생각해. 어제 경기도 원래는 워리어스가 이겨야 했던 경기라고. 게임 4에서도 워리어스가 어제와 같은 경기력을 보일 거라고 생각하지 않아.

So I think when you look at it from that perspective, I would say, ‘hey why not?’ I mean why not sit him out. I don’t know if they will. It all depends on how he’s feeling. If you are Steph Curry you don’t want to keep sitting out these games. There’s no doubt about that. But if you have an opportunity to win without him, elevate your level of confidence, and show your fluidity your chemistry your cohesiveness without him, he is not going to compromise that when he comes back. So I think that it would be an incredible challenge for Golden State to show up for Game 4 without the service of Steph Curry, and the take on a challenge and win that basketball game. And I’d like to see Golden State Warriors team without Steph Curry and see what they do under such peculiar circumstances.

그런면에서, 말하는 건데, ‘좀 쉬면 어때?’ 몇 경기 더 쉬지 뭐. 워리어스가 진짜 그럴지는 모르겠지만, 이 모든 것은 커리 자신이 느끼기에 어떤가에 달렸어. 만약에 네가 커리라면 경기에 계속 빠지는 걸 원하진는 않을거야. 당연히 그럴거야. 하지만 만약에 커리가 없이도 경기를 이길 수 있다면, 그리고 그 기회로 자신감을 고무시키고 팀 내 케미스트리와 매끄러운 경기운영과 견고함을 보인다면 그걸 감안하고 경기에 돌아와야겠지. 그러니까 커리의 도움이 없는 게임 4는 워리어스 팀에게 큰 도전이 될거야. 나는 사실 커리 없는 워리어스가 이런 낯선 상황(커리가 없는)에서 어떻게 대응하는지 보고 싶기도 해.

Skip

I am going to say this again SAS. I find this topic impossible to logically discuss because the truth is that I don’t know how bad his ankle is. I don’t think you really know how bad it is. I am not sure that even Steve Kerr could know exactly. (I don’t know) if trainers and doctors could know exactly because it’s hard… only Steph knows what tenderness he’s feeling or what instability he’s feeling in an ankle with obviously a dangerous amount of built-up wear and tear in it. (he’s done) Two surgeries on that ankle and as we all talked about before, it was just tissue paper before there was that one game that I’ve talked about. He was dribbling the ball up the floor against my Spurs literally dribbling the ball as the point guard up the floor and his ankle turned. What? This is bad. We thought it might end his career prematurely.

스미스 내가 다시한번 말하지만, 이 주제는 사실 논리적으로 의논하는 것 자체가 불가능하다고 생각해. 왜냐면 우리는 커리 발목이 진짜 얼마나 심각한지 모르기 때문이지. 짐작컨데 팀 닥터랑 트레이너, 심지어 커 감독도 확실히 모르는 것 같아. 왜냐면 이게 커리 자신이 아니면 잘 모를 수 밖에확실한건 매우 위험할 정도의 손상이 있는 발목에 대한 확신 혹은 불안감은 커리 자신 만이 알테니까 말이야. 큰 수술을 두번이나 한 그 발목인데 저번에 스퍼스 게임 때봤어? 워리어스의 포인트 가드로서 그저 드리블하면서 진영을 넘어오다가 그냥 발목을 접질렀어. 진짜 종이 한장 차이로 커리어가 일찍 끝나버릴지도 모를 뻔한 큰일 날뻔했던 경기였어.

And now I still don’t really understand exactly how you rolled his ankle which play it was and what happened exactly caused it. It doesn’t look that bad when I see the footage of it. But the point is it’s bad enough that he sat out. It’s bad enough that he got an MRI. Now it’s hard for me to know. If you told me it was 98% healed from the little turn that he had the other night I’d say he should play because to me the Rockets are a weird and dangerous team. They are funky, they are unpredictable, and they got some firepower. They are dysfunctional. We talked and talked about it. But I don’t think they are going to quit this game. I think they’ll come out and play pretty-very hard. Remember it’s still the same pretty much the same group. What did they do last year. They were down 3:1 to the Clippers. Remember?  They roared back to win that?

아직도 무슨 플레이에서 무슨 연유로 발목을 또 접질렀는지 모르겠지만 그 장면만 봤을 때는 그렇게 심각해보이지 않았지만 경기를 쉬고 MRI 촬영까지 하게 되었지. 그러니까 이젠 진짜 잘 모르겠어. 만약에 누군가 커리 발목이 98% 회복되었다고 한다면 당연히 다음 경기에 뛰어야지. 왜냐면 나에게 휴스턴은 아직도 괴상하고 위험한 팀이기 때문이야. 아주 요상하고 예상 불가능한 팀이면서 화력도 갖추고 있어. 물론 우리가 이야기 했던 것 처럼 엉망인 팀이지만 이대로 경기를 그냥 내주지는 않을거라 생각해. 다음 경기부터는 엄청 열정적으로 워리어스를 상대할거야. 생각해봐. 작년에 클리퍼스와의 시리즈에서 3 1로 뒤지고 있었지만 그걸 기어이 뒤집고 시리즈를 승리한 그 팀이야. 그때랑 팀 구성이 달라진게 거의 없어.

Smith

I will say this to you Skip. One thing that you are leaving out is that it is up in the air. Everybody got to decide what they want. Do you want Steph Curry to get as healthy as he possibly can get  before coming back. Or Do you want him back as soon as possible so you can close out the series as soon as possible. I got news for you. We all assume that the Golden State Warriors going to win this series. The Clippers in all likelihood will be waiting. And #1 they can’t stay with the Warriors and vice versa. That’s a real, real rivalry and number two James hard. And #2 James Harden scoring is one thing, but CP3 is a different beast. Especially for somebody like Steph Curry and others.

스킵 내가 한마디만 할께. 네가 잊고 있는것이 하나 있는데 그건 어떻게 될지 아무도 모른다는 거야. 모두 자기가 무엇을 원하는지 결정해야해. 네가 진짜 원하는게 커리가 최대한으로 건강을 회복해서 돌아오길 원하는 거야? 아니면 최대한 시리즈를 빨리 끝내는 거야? 네가 모르나본데, 우리는 모두 워리어스가 이 시리즈를 이길거라고 예상하고 있고, 그런 워리어스를 클리퍼스가 기다리고 있을거란 거지. 첫째는 이거야. 워리어스랑 클리퍼스는 서로의 존재 자체를 견딜 수 없을 만큼 치열한 라이버리를 갖고 있지. 둘째로 제임스하든의 득점력은 그렇다고 쳐도 크리스 폴은 완전히 다른 괴물이지. 특히나 커리와 다른 워리어스들에게는 말이야.

So it’s going to be real interesting to see what happens because Golden State’s gotta make a decision. You literally have to look ahead to some degree to decipher what you should do. Now as it pertains to Steph Curry, one issue is health of course, but the other issue is how ready do you need this guy to be for this next series assuming they get past Houston and Clippers get past Portland. It’s going to be heated next round. That’s the one that I look forward to that series all year long just as much as I look forward to any series. That is potentially going to be a big-time series with Clippers and Warriors.

워리어스는 이제 정말로 결정을 내려야해. 그런면에서 앞으로 어떻게 될지 지켜볼텐데 이게 아주 흥미로울 것 같아. (워리어스는) ‘지금보다 앞으로를 생각하고 결정을 내려야 할거야. 커리 이슈에 관해서는 당연히 건강이 가장 중요하지만, 클리퍼스가 포틀랜드를 이기고 워리어스가 로케츠를 이긴다는 가정 하에, 커리가 다음 라운드를 위해서 얼마나 준비가 될 수 있는가가 가장 중요하지. 다음 라운드는 진짜 화끈할 거란 말이야. 내가 이번 시즌 내내 내가 기다리던 고대하던 시리즈가 바로 이거야. 클리퍼스 대 워리어스는 위대한 시리즈가 될 가능성이 충분하다고.

Skip

Okay. A hypothetical question if Steph decides to shut it down for the rest of whatever is left of this series. What’s the score of this series who wins it?

좋아. 그렇다면 만약에 커리를 남은 휴스턴과의 시리즈 동안 쉬게 한다면 어느 팀이 몇 경기만에 시리즈를 승리할거라고 예상해?

Smith

I think Golden State wins the series in 6 games.

워리어스가 게임 6에 시리즈를 승리한다고 생각해.

Skip

And I say seven games. I think that it will take seven for Golden State to beat this Houston team with no Steph the rest of the way.

난 게임 7. 내 생각에는 커리없는 워리어스가 휴스턴과의 시리즈를 승리하려면 게임 7까지 가야한다고 생각해.

Smith

I think they will do so in six because I think they will steal one game in Houston whether it’s Game 4 or 6.

난 그래도 게임 6로 가능할거라고 생각하는 이유는 워리어스가 휴스턴 홈경기, 게임 4나 게임 6, 둘 중에 하나를 뺏어 올 수 있다고 생각하기 때문이야.

저도 스미스랑 같은 생각입니다. 저번 게임도 워리어스가 이길 게임을 내줬다고 생각하거든요. 저는 시리즈가 2대2로 비기게 되면서 생길지 모를 어려움 보다는 앞으로 클리퍼스와의 치열한 시리즈가 거의 확실히 되는 만큼 커리에게 충분한 휴식을 주면서 '커리의 팀 워리어스'보다 '팀 워리어스'로서 플옵 경기의 중압감을 이겨내는 방법을 깨우칠 수 있는 좋은 기회라고 생각합니다. 저도 커리없이는 워리어스가 게임 6에 시리즈를 갖고 간다고 예상합니다.

Comments
2016-04-23 08:43:45

이런 쪽으로는 생각 못해봤는데, 참신하네요. 커리 없는 팀 워리어스의 성장 측면에서 좋은 기회라...

역대급 팀이라 그런지 스토리를 만들어 가는 것 같습니다... 무섭네요...
2016-04-23 08:55:27

나머지 선수들도 지쳐보이던데 시리즈가 장기화되면 체력이 문제가 되지 않을까요?

2016-04-23 12:32:28

잘 봤습니다!

2016-04-23 16:24:32

저번게임은 휴스턴이 이길게임을 막판에 삽질로 다 따라잡힌거 아니었나요..?

골스가 이겼어야 할 게임이라는게 잘 이해가 안되네요.
2016-04-24 00:49:56

막판에 실제로 역전도 해냈고

커리가 없어도 그 경기를 잡아냈어야 했는데
탐슨 그린 동반 부진으로 졌으니
탐슨 그린이 제 역할을 해줬어야 했다의
다른 표현이 아닐까 싶어요.
2016-04-24 13:22:39

커리 발목 심각한걸까요?? ㅜㅜ

hou
24-03-23
bos