NBA Multimedia
Xp
NBA Maniazine
/ / /
Xpert

[First Take] 워리어스, 팀버울브스에게 당한 역전패의 의미

Updated at 2016-04-07 11:51:29

Golden State Warriors blew 17-point lead in a loss last night to Timberwolves. The loss snapped 114-game winning streak, in which they led by 15 points. More importantly, they now have to win team’s last 4 games in order to break the Bulls’ record of 72 wins in a regular season.

골든 스테이트는 어제 팀버울브스를 상대로 17점 리드를 따라 잡히면서 패배하였습니다. 이 패배로 인하여서 15점 이상으로 리드를 한 모든 경기를 승리하였던 114경기의 연승 기록이 저지가 되었는데요. 무엇보 불스의 시즌 72승 기록도 앞으로의 4경기를 모두 승리해야 경신 할 수 있게 되어버렸습니다.

Draymond : I wouldn’t start to say we are caught up in the hype, but I think we’ve got into a point now where… ‘just like…alright…we are kind of ready for the regular season to end.’ Talking 82 games- you get bored with that after awhile. And that’s no excuse. It just… I always give it to y’all real.. So I am just being as real as I can be.

드레이몬 : 우리의 마음이 뜰떠있어서 그렇다고 생각하지는 않습니다. 제 생각에는 우리가 - 정규시즌이 빨리 끝났으면 좋겠다라는 생각하는 시점까지 온거 같아요. 82경기입니다. 하다보면 좀 지루해 지거든요. 물론 그게 변명거리는 될 수 없습니다만, 봐요 난 항상 여러분들에게 솔직하게 말하려고 합니다. 그러니까 이것도 그냥 제가 그냥 솔직하게 말하는 거에요.

Curry : It’s amplified now because we are so close to the Goal. It would be a challenge for us, and it would be something that we really need to focus on for the last four games. It is just to- as much as we can, as best as we can, focus on 48 minutes of execution and (keep) focus(on for 48 minutes of the game) as oppose to winning games. It is because how we play is more important for the playoffs, and we need to focus on that.

커리 : 우리가 그 목표에 더 가깝게 다가 갈 수록 (기록 갱신 여부) 더 크게 그려지는 것 같습니다. 우리에게 도전이 될 것이고 앞으로의 4경기 동안 집중하여야 할 목표이긴 합니다만, 우리가 할 수 있는 최선을 다해서 48분 동안 작전을 잘 수행하고 집중력을 잃지 않는 것에 경기를 이기는 것 보다 더 집중해야합니다. 왜냐면 (승수보다) 우리의 (4경기동안의) 경기 내용이 앞으로 플옵에서는 더 중요 할테니까요.

Skip

Stephen A. Smith as in the inventor of Basketball, as we all know it, as I call you. I have been trying to tell you this for last 3 weeks, and you would not listen to me. The Golden State Warriors have been playing a VERY dangerous game. That is finally catching up to them. And you kept looking at me across this table saying, ‘Come on- no sweat. You are overreacting. They are young. They got this. 73 would be an easy-breezy.’ You know what I’ve kept saying? I twitted this last night. You guys assume that I said ‘go spurs go’ as me being a spurs supporter. But I said ‘go dubs go.’ Knock yourselves out! Just go ahead and do it because this team for 3 weeks has been playing an equivalent of playoff games. You scoffed at me when I said that but they’ve been playing three weeks of playoff games before the playoffs even start. They are now stumbling not to the finish line, but they are stumbling to the starting line because, my Spurs would be the first to tell you, nothing matters except what happens on April 18th and thereafter all the way to June 20th. I think the priority has been wrong. I think that Steve Kerr, who obviously participated in 95-96 Bulls featuring Michael Jordan, said “Hey, if you guys want to knock yourselves out, you go knock yourselves out.” And I think he made a mistake here. Are they going to do it? I hope they do it! And  I am rooting for them to do it because every steps they take closer and closer, it only helps Spurs.
내가 여기 우리 모두가 아는 농구의 아버지 스티븐 에이 스미스씨에게 근 3주간 계속 말해 왔었는데, 내말을 전혀 듣지 않았어. 골든 스테이트는 최근 아주 위험한 경기를 하고 있었는데 결국엔 발목을 잡혔지. 내가 이 말을 할 때마다 너는 테이블 건너에서 항상 에이 스킵 아니지. 식은죽 먹기야. 네가 예민하게 반응하는거야. 그들은 젊어. 73승은 누워서 떡먹기지라고 말했었지. 내가 (어제 골스 경기를 보면서) 계속 뭐라고 했는지 알아? 트위트도 했는데, 다들 내가 스퍼스 팬이라고 고 스퍼스 고라고 썻을거라 짐작하겠지만, 아니야 나는 고 덥스 고라고 썻어! ‘정말 하고 싶은 해봐라고 생각했지. 왜냐면 최근 3주간 이 팀은 플옵경기 치루듯이 경기했거든. 그 말에 너는 비웃었지만 이 팀은 플옵이 시작하기도 전 3주 동안 플옵 경기들을 치루고 있었던거야. 이제는 결승선에 다다르는게 힘겨운게 아니고 그 출발선까지 가는 거에 힘쓰고 있는거지. 앞으로 4 18일부터 6 20일에 있을 경기를 빼고는 그 무엇도 더 중요하지 않다고 스퍼스가 아마 가장 먼저 말해줄거야. 이건 우선 순위가 잘못 되거라고 봐. 내 생각에 95-96 불스 기록에 참여했던 스티브 커 감독이 선수들에게 그래 하고 싶으면 해라고 말한거 같은데, 이건 그의 실수라고 생각해. 워리어스가 불스 기록을 갱신 할 수 있을까? 나도 그들이 해냈으면 좋겠어. 난 오히려 응원해! 왜냐면 한걸음 한걸음 그 기록에 다가갈 수록 스퍼스에게는 유리하게 될거거든.

Did anybody notice last night, my Spurs- I don’t know how they did this, but they just happened to win at Utah which is no cakewalk. And Kawhi Leonard is turning into a big shot taker and maker, one of the more clutch players all of a sudden in the NBA. He just rose up over Gordon Hayward last night and just drained it? WOW! That was pretty sweet shot to win a game, 88-86 at Utah.

혹시 누구 어제 스퍼스 경기 봤어? 나도 어떻게 스퍼스가 이걸 해냈는지 모르겠는데, 유타 원정에서 이기는게 누워서 떡먹기는 아니잖아? 그런데 그 경기를 이겼네? 그리고 카와이! 카와이는 이제는 중요한 샷도 던지고 그걸 또 넣을 수 있는 선수가 되었어. 갑작스럽게 NBA를 통틀어 가장 클러치에 강한 선수가 되었지. 어제 고든 해이워드 위로 솟아올라서 슛을 넣은 거, 그거 봤어? 와우! 88 86으로 승리한 대단한 샷이었지.

Meanwhile the Golden State Warriors are draining themselves mentally and physically. Draymond Green, his contention that we are getting bored? Baloney you are getting bored! You are just getting worn out. That’s what’s happening. And he wants to dismiss it as boredom? No! Baloney! Steph Curry, as I told you yesterday, he’s got the weight of Dub Nation on his fairly slender shoulders right now because they are starting to go or not go as he goes or doesn’t go. Did you check out his numbers last night? Steph Curry…this is unbelievable…turned it on in the 3rd quarter, which he went 4 of 6 from the field and 4 of 5 from the threes and they broke out to 17 point lead with 6:03 left. If you then combine Steph’s stats for first, second, fourth and overtime, he was 3 for 19 and 0 for 9 from three and in overtime he was 1 for 7. He is just slowly being crushed by the pressure having to carry this team towards 73 wins. So Are they going to do it? I hope so. That’s all I know. I hope they beat my Spurs twice because it will take more out of their gas tank for the games that really count.

그 와중에 골든 스테이트는 정식적으로 육체적으로 힘을 다 쏟아내고 있어. 드레이몬 그린이 정규시즌이 지루해 졌다라고 말한거? 웃기시네! 그냥 지친거잖아. 그게 진짜 맞는 말이지. 그리고서는 그걸 지루함으로 감추려해? 아니지! 그리고 커리의 (상대적으로 작은) 어깨 위 모든 덥 네이션의 무게가 자신에게 큰 부담이 되고 있어. 왜냐면 커리가 할 수 있으면 팀도 할 수 있고 커리가 못하면 팀도 못하기 때문이야. 어제 커리 경기 기록은 봤어? 정말 믿을 수 없지만…3쿼터 6 3초를 남기고 어제 커리가 3쿼터에만 필드골 6개중 4개를 넣고, 삼점은 5개중 4개나 넣으면서 17점 리드로 폭발했는, 나머지 1,2,4쿼터와 오버타임을 합치면 기록이 어떤지 알아? 19개 필드골에서 3개만 넣었고 삼점을 9번쏴서 하나도 넣지 못했고, 오버타임에는 7개 중 1 개만 성공시켰지. 커리는 이 워리어스팀을 73승으로 이끌어야 한다는 부담에 점점 짖눌리고 있는거야. 그래서 워리어스가 결국에는 73승을 해낼 거냐? 난 그러길 바래. 그게 다야. 난 그들이 스퍼스를 2경기 다 이겼으면 좋겠어. 왜냐면 그만큼 그들이 진짜 게임을 위해 아껴둬야 할 체력을 깎아 먹을 테니까.

Smith

I can definitely see their record is in jeopardy though I can see they go 72 and 10 instead of 73 and 9 simply because you got back-to-back on Saturday and Sunday on the road, first Memphis then Sunday in San Antonio. I think they will win two games the first game and the last game against Memphis. It’s that back-to-back that I’m concerned about because when you are on the road it could factor into equation. I just think, right now, they are a difficult team to count on regardless of their struggles. You got to remember, Skip. You are trying to change the narrative. One of the things that we talked about…We debated whether or not they would catch the record and both of us conceited that they would. Where we parted ways was where you thought this was graining on them so much that it would have a detrimental effect on them come playoff time.

나도 워리어스가 기록을 갱신하는데 문제가 생긴거는 인정해. 72 10패를 기록하는 것은 가능하지만 73 9패를 하기에는 힘들거야. 왜냐하면 남은 4경기 중에 백--백 원정 경기가 있기 때문이지. 토요일하고 일요일인데. 토요일에는 멤피 그리고 일요일에는 샌 안토니오지. 내가 봤을 때 처음 경기하고 마지막 멤피스 경기는 이길 것 같아. 내가 걱정하는 거는 백--백 경기들이지. 원정 경기에서는 그런 것들이 영향을 미치거든. 이 팀이 지금 기록 갱신을 하리라고 믿기는 어려워. , 스킵. 잘 기억해봐. 넌 지금 말을 바꾸려고 하고 있어. 우리가 지금까지 계속 말해왔던 것 중에 우리가 논쟁됬던 것은 워리어스가 기록을 갈아치울 수 있느냐 없느냐가 아니야. 그때는 우리 둘다 워리어스가 갱신 할 수 있을거라 생각했지. 거기에는 서로 동의 했었어. 하지만 우리가 서로 입장이 갈린 것은 워리어스가 기록 갱신을 위해서 노력하는 것이 나중에 플레이오프에서 그들에게 불리하게 작용할 거라는 너의 주장이었지.

I don’t believe that. It could ultimately compromise their ability to capture this record because last four games they have to go 4 and 0 and they got back-to-back on the road, Saturday and Sunday night. Memphis is still fighting for 5th or 6th seed in Western Conference. These games are very very relevant to them, whereas it may not be the case to the Golden State Warriors. You are pursuing of course and it matters to you of course, but that back-to-back if you are fatigued, that is where I got some trepidation. But I still going to say they are going to break the record because that’s what I’ve been predicting all season long. But I am concerned about them loosing either Saturday or Sunday because it’s back-to-back and both games are on the road.

난 아니라고 믿어. 이게 앞으로 토요일 일요일 백--백 원정 경기가 끼어있는 경기를 모두 이겨야 기록 갱신이 가능 하기 때문에 그에따른 어떠한 영향을 끼칠 수는 있을거야. 멤피스는 플옵 5 6번자리를 위해서 아직 싸우고 있기 때문에 골스와의 경기들이 매우 중요하지. 반면에 워리어스에게는 그것이 그만큼 중요하지 않을 수도 있어. 물론 기록 경신을 향에 나아가는게 중요하지. --백 원정에서 쌓이는 피로, 그게 나는 걱정이 되는거야. 하지만 난 여전히 내가 시즌내내 말했던 것 처럼 워리어스가 기록 갱신을 할 거라고 믿어. 역시 토요일이나 일요일 백--백 원정에서 질 수도 있겠지만 말이야.

Having said that, I still have no concerns whatsoever about them in the post-season in terms of this having a negative impact on their post-season performance. I think San Antonio can have impact on their post-season performance because San Antonio is great. I think Oklahoma City can have impact on their post-season performance because Oklahoma City is great. They will only meet one or the other. They won’t meet both because they are the 2 and 3 seed in the Western Conference. They are going to meet Clippers in the Second Round. I am just not concerned about Clippers. I feel bad for my man Doc Rivers and Chris Paul, but I just don’t believe that team- even though it’s a heated rivalry (can win against Warriors.) In the end I think Golden State walks away victorious because I don’t like the way Clippers are built overall. Their starting five is one thing, and their bench is another.

그럼에도 불구하고 난 그들이 포스트 시즌에 그 어떠한 불리한 영향도 받지 않을거라 생각해. 샌 안토니오가 워리어스 포스트시즌에 불리하게 적용하겠지, 왜냐면 그들은 훌륭한 팀이니까. 오클라호마가 워리어스 포스트시즌에 불리하게 적용하겠지, 왜냐면 그들은 훌륭한 팀이니까! 플옵에서 그 둘 모두를 만나진 않을거야 왜냐면 하나는 서부지구 2위고 다른 하나는 3위니까. 클리퍼스는 2라운드에서 만나겠네. 하지만 그게 워리어스에게 불리하게 작용할거라고 생가하지 않아. 닥 리버스와 내 친구 크리스 폴에게는 미안한 말이지만, 뜨거운 라이버리가 있음에도 불구하고 이 팀이 워리어스를 막을 순 없을거야. 결국에는 워리어스가 승자로써 걸어나오겠지. 난 클리퍼스팀의 전체적인 구성이 별로 마음에 안들어. 주전도 그렇고 벤치는 더 그래.

So having said all of that, I don’t anticipate Warriors going to have trouble because of chasing this record during the regular season. I think if they have trouble, it’s going to be two super stars in OKC or it’s going to be the collection of super star plays on behalf of San Antonio Spurs in the Western Conference Finals. It will not have anything to do with the streak that they’ve been pursuing being worn down, mentally and emotionally exhausted and all of the other stuffs. To me they will get new life once the playoffs begin. The problem is that this is the regular season. That’s the problem. If these games were playoff games, I tell you that they will capture the record with ease because I think the level of urgency will elevate and they will respond to that. But in the end they got the number one seed, they know that they have the best record in basketball, and they know that the road to championship must come through the Oracle. It is just that they are not worried about it.  I wouldn’t call it boredom, but at the same time, there is a lack of urgency and little bit of it taken for granted especially when you are going up against Minnesota Timberwolves. We know they are struggling and they are relatively a young team. KAT should be anybody’s Rooky of the Year. Andrew Wiggins putting on a show as he did yesterday. But Shabazz Muhammad dropping 35? Who the hell is expecting that? That’s the kind of stuff that sneaks up on you. That’s just one of those nights. It happens.

그러니까 결국에 내 말은 워리어스가 기록 갱신을 위해 정규시즌에 뛰어간다 하더라도 그게 플옵에서 어떠한 문제도 되지 않을거라는 거야. 그들에게 무슨 문제가 된다면 그건 (피로가 아니라) 오클라호마의 두 슈퍼 스타거나 결승에서 만날 스퍼스의 슈퍼 스타 플레이겠지. 지금 기록 갱신을 위해 나아가는 워리어스가 무슨 정신적 감정적으로 지쳐있고 뭐 그런거 모두가 워리어스에게 어떤 문제가 되지는 않을거야. 내 생각에는 플옵이 시작만 하면 워리어스는 새 힘을 얻고 시작할 거야. 문제라면 지금이 정규 시즌이라는거지. 그게 문제야. 만약에 다음 4경기가 플옵 경기였다면 기록을 깨고도 남을거야. 이게 만약 플옵이라면 그 경기를 꼭 이겨야 한다는 갈급함이 워리어스를 깨어나게 할거야 그리고 그에 상응하는 대답을 하겠지. 생각해봐 이미 1번 시드는 확정이 났고, NBA 역사상 한 시즌 승리 기록도 보유하고 있고, 챔피온쉽을 반드시 오라클 이끌어야 된다는 사실도 알고 있어. 그냥 걱정이 안돼는거야. 난 그걸 지루함으로 표현하고 싶지는 않지만, 갈급함이 덜하다는 거지. 당연하다고 느끼는 감도 없지 않아 있을 수 있고. 특히나 이번 시즌 힘겨워한 어린 미네소타면 더 그렇고. 타운스는 분명 모두의 올해의 신인 선수일거야. 위긴스도 어제 처럼 뛰어난 활약을 보이고 있고. 하지만 샤바즈 무하마드가 35 득점? 그걸 누가 상상이나 했겠어? 그런 것들이 내 뒤통수를 치는 일들이지. 그런 날도 있는거야. 그럴 수 있어.

Skip

Well, they had TWO of  ‘one of those nights’ recently. Boston and Minnesota at Oracle? REALLY?

그럴 수도 있는 그런 날이 최근에 오라클에서 2번이나 일어났어. 보스턴과 한번. 미네소타와 한번.

Smith

Boston is different because…first of all Boston took them to double overtime in Boston. Boston is exceptionally coached by Brad Stevens who I believe is the Coach of the Year by the way. Then you’ve got Isaiah Thomas and Avery Bradley and others. They are athletic and they are young. They have fresh legs. They come at you. They are just not ready yet because of the void of a star player. But on any given night for a regular season game, Boston Celtics can beat almost anybody. In a playoff series Golden State would take them out in 5.

보스톤은 좀 다르지. , 보스턴은 저번에도 보스톤 홈에서 워리어스를 더블 오버타임까지 끌고 갔었어. 보스턴은 정말 훌륭한 감독을 두고 있지. 브레드 스티븐스 감독은 내 생각에 올해의 감독상 받아야해. 아이재아 토마스와 에이버리 브래들리. 젊고 빠르고 체력도 좋아. 잡아 먹을 듯이 달려들지. 지금은 아직 슈퍼스타가 없어서 준비가 되지는 않았지만, 보스턴은 정규시즌에는 그 누구도 상대할 수 있어. 플옵에서 워리어스를 상대로는 5게임이면 충분하겠지만.

Skip

Take them out in 5? I say in 4.

5 게임? 4게임 생가했는데.

Smith

Okay I see how they can take them out in 4. But when you are young, you are vibrant, you got talent, and you play as hard as Boston does, I show you the respect of giving you a game. But that’s all they would get, and that’s the most they would get. But again during the regular season anything can happen. It happens all the time.

맞아. 4 게임 일 수 있어. 하지만 젊고 정렬적이고 재능있는 보스턴이라면, 1 게임 정도는 줘야 예의라고 생각해. 하지만 한 게임이 다 야. 정규 시즌에는 무슨 일이든 생길 수 있어. 지금까지 항상 그래왔던 일이야.

Skip

So quietly in the shadow, my Spurs are cruising and peeking at the same time. But now we have tomorrow night at Oracle, Spurs at Warriors. This is just my hunch here. I think coach Pop will not play all of his stars. He will mix and match the first and second units in that game because I don’t think he cares much about it. He will just say that the pressure is on them to sort of write the wrong of what happened in San Antonio couple of weeks back. And I think he will let Golden State have this one. I am not sure he will let Golden State have the one in San Antonio on Sunday night, after the day they have to play Memphis as you pointed out on Saturday night. So that will be interesting.

스퍼스는 지금 은밀하게 승수를 쌓으면서 (1위 자리를) 아주 조금은 기대 할 수 있는 자리까지 왔어. 내일 저녁에 있을 스퍼스 오라클 원정 경기를 일단 해봐야 아는 거지만 말이야. 이건 그냥 내 짐작인데, 폽감독은 내일 모든 스타터들을 기용하진 않을 거 같아. 우승 말고 다른 것에는 아무 관심이 없는 폽 감독은 아마도 1 2군을 잘 섞어서 기용하겠지. 승리에 대한 부담은 몇 주전에 샌 안토니오에서의 패배를 씻어내야 할 워리어스에게 있지. 폽 감독은 난 상관없어라고 말 할거야. 토요일 밤 멤피스와의 원정 경기 후 바로 다음 일요일 날 샌 안토니오 홈에서 워리어스를 맞이 할 때는 잘 모르겠지만, 이번 경기는 그냥 골든 스테이트에게 내어 줄 수도 있다고 생각해. 일이 아주 재밌어 지겠어.

Smith

One of the things that I think you that need to come cognizant of is that whatever you seeing from the Spurs goes out the window when they go up against Golden State. You have to treat Golden State differently because it is a different brand of basketball that you have to play against Golden Sate that you don’t have to do against everybody else. When I was in San Antonio when San Antonio beat the Golden Sate Warriors few weeks ago on a Saturday night, I watching them play. I am watching Tim Duncan coming off the bench. I am watching Kawhi Leonard one minute, LaMarcus Aldridge the next, Tim Duncan the next, Manu, Tony…Everybody was playing the three point shots. They were extending. They were getting up on guys. They were switching. When Steph would come trying to go on baseline from one wing to another, they were stepping back just to pick him and put a body on him. They were expending a lot of energy that they normally have to do against other opponents because of bevy of threats that Golden State has at their disposal.

스킵 내가 꼭 깨달아야 하는 많은 것들 중에 하나가 뭐냐면, 스퍼스에게서 어떤 모습을 보던지 골든 스테이트 전에서는 전혀 다른 모습 일 거라는거야. 다른 어떤 팀들을 어떻게 상대했었던 일단 골든 스테이트의 새로운 브랜드의 농구를 상대하려면 너도 전혀 새로운 모습으로 대항해야 한다는 거야. 몇 주전에 샌 안토니오가 홈에서 워리어스를 상대로 승리했을 때 나도 거기 있었거든. 스퍼스가 골든 스테이트를 상대하는 것을 봤어. 팀 던컨이 벤치에서 나와. 한번은 카와이, 한번은 알드리지, 팀 던컨, 마누, 토니 할 것 없이 모두가 3점 라인으로 나와서 수비했어. 공격자에게 달려 들을라고 노력했고 스위칭도 계속 했어. 커리가 베이스라인을 타고 한 쪽 윙에서 다른 쪽 윙으로 달려 갈려고 하면 그 와중에 커리에게 몸을 부딫혀서 최대한 더 돌아가게 끔 만들었지. 보통 다른 팀을 상대 할 때와는 다르게 막강하고 다양한 워리어스의 공격력을 막아내기 위해서 엄청나게 많은 에너지를 쏟아냈던 경기였어.

As a result of that, you are paying a lot of attention how the Spurs are looking now. They are peeking at the right time and blah, blah, blah. And I am saying to you. That matters against everybody else, but it doesn’t matter against Golden State because whatever they show you against everybody else, they are not going to show you against Golden State. They are going to play an implemented different brand of basketball in order to beat Golden Sate. My question is, “can they sustain that over the course of 7 games series, doing some of the extremes that they exercise when they won against Golden State before. That’s my question. They don’t have to do that against everybody else, but they have to do that against Golden State.

그 이유에서 지금 스퍼스에게 많은 관심이 쏠려있지. 1위 탈환을 놀려 볼수도 있다 라던가 뭐 그런 말들. 하지만 이걸 알아야 해. 무엇보다 중요한 건 스퍼스가 다른 어떤팀을 상대로 어떤 모습을 보여주던지 그건 잊어버려. 왜냐면 스퍼스가 그 팀들을 상대로 보여준 모습들은 골든 스테이트와의 경기에서 아무 상관이 없기 때문이야. 워리어스를 상대로 승리하기 위해서 스퍼스는 그들만의 새로운 전략의 농구를 보여줄 거야. 다만 내가 묻고 싶은것은 저번에 워리어스를 이겼던 것 처럼 전혀 새롭고 전혀 다르기 때문에 위험 부담이 큰 전술을 7 경기 시리즈 내내 유지 할 수 있는가?”. 그게 진짜 궁금한거지. 다른 어떤 팀에게도 그렇게까지는 안해도 되. 하지만 워리어스에게 만큼은 다른 이야기지.

Skip

Okay you were, on record, saying there is a fatal flaw in Spurs. Not that you said that  they are too old, but you said that Pop will go back and rely too heavily upon playing the ‘older guys.’ Yes? I am glad you got that on record because I love it because I disagree. This is a new world with Kawhi Leonard and LaMarcus Aldridge and Patty Mills…It’s just different. I am starting to like this Spurs team as much as anyone ever, any team ever.

저번에 너는 스퍼스는 아주 치명적인 약점이 있다고 했지. 그 약점이라는 것이 주축 선수들이 너무 나이가 많은게 아니라 폽 감독이 그 나이 많은 선수들에게 많이 기대게 될것이라고 말했던거 같은데 맞아? 그걸 증거 자료로 남겨놓기를 정말 잘한거 같아. 왜냐면 난 전혀 그렇게 생각하지 않거든. 지금 스퍼스는 카와이와 알드리지, 패티 밀스의 신세계야. 난 현  스퍼스팀이 역대 사상 어느 누구의 어느 팀보다 더 좋아지고 있어.

Smith

Are you willing to admit that even YOU don’t know what Pop going to do because rarely do people know when it come to him.

스킵, 너 자신도 폽감독이 당쵀 어떤 꿍꿍이가 있는지 전혀 모른다는 걸 인정하지? 왜냐면 그걸 아는 사람은 정말 몇 없거든.

Skip

Apparently Tony Parker doesn’t know because he admitted last night that they were basically wrong about what he was saying about they are not going to play their guys against Golden State.(아마도 유타를 잘 못 말한 듯)

확실한건 토니 파커도 잘 모르던데? 어제 유타전에서 주전 선수들이 대거 빠질거라고 생각했던게 틀렸다고 인정했거든.

Smith

I’m just saying that we don’t know. Pop never plays his hand. The man plays chess. He does not play his hand like that. All I’m saying to you is that you have to be different. One game it might get physical and try to beat Golden State. Even though it might cost you a game, the fact that you are getting away with beating them up might serve you better. When we talked about Villanova winning the championship against UNC on Monday night, one of the things that everybody raved about was Jay Wright throughout the NCAA tournament is the myriad of defenses that threw at teams. In a particular game, they use various different looks. In a course of a series, you are trying to tell me Pop isn’t capable of doing something like that? Of course he is! But the point is what’s going to work, and how long is it going to work when you have to rely on age old veterans to come through.

그러니까 내말은 폽감독이 뭔 생각인지 우리는 모른다는거야. 폽은 절대로 자기 꼼수를 다 안보여줘. 마치 체스 게임을 하는 것 같지. 내가 말하는 건 워리어스를 상대로는 다른 모습을 보여야 한다는거야. 한 게임은 골스에게 승리하려고 애쓸 수 있어. 만약에 결과적으로 다른 한 게임을 내주더라도 그렇게 해서 골스에게 승리한다면 더 가치가 있을 수 있지. 이번 월요일에 빌라노바가 노스캐롤라이나를 결승에서 꺾었을 때, 모두가 제이 롸이트 감독의 다양한 수비 전술에 대해서 후끈 달아올랐었지. 한 경기에도 몇 가지의 다양한 수비 전술을 보였어. 그렇다면 7경기 시리즈에서 과연 폽감독이 그런 모습을 보일 수 있을까? 당연히 그럴 수 있어. 그는 그럴 능력이 있지. 하지만 중요한 건 그게 과연 골든 스테이트를 상대로 얼마나 지속적으로 먹힐 것인가야. 더군다나 늙은 베테랑 들을 데리고는 불가능 할거야.

It is not just Kawhi and LaMarcus. You only need two guys in most instances, but against Golden Sate, it doesn’t cut it. If that’s the case, OKC would’ve beaten them already this year. I am sitting there in Houston past weekend, and I got cats from OKC they are looking forward to go up against Golden State. They want that challenge. Well, damn three times I saw y’all going up against them this year and it seemed that way. So I am not sold. But against everybody else, I know that OKC can do some damage. We will see.

카와이랑 알드리지 두명으로는 안돼. 보통은 두 선수만 잘해주면 되지만 골든 스테이를 상대로는 안돼지. 만약에 그게 된다면 오클라호마는 이번년도에 벌써 이기고도 남았을 거야. 진짜 웃긴게 뭐냐면 저번주에 휴스턴에 있었는데 거기 오클라호마 팬들이 그러더군. 자기네들은 앞으로 워리어스와의 시리즈가 기대된데. 그런 도전을 원한데. 어련하시겠어. 지금까지 3경기 동안 지켜봤는데 참 그렇게 보이더라. 난 모르겠어. 물론 다른 팀들을 상대로 오클라호마가 치명적일 수 있지. 어디 지켜 보자고.

Skip

Okay so bottom line… you still have Golden State winning the West?

그러니까 내 말은 골든 스테이트가 서부에서 우승할 거다?

Smith

Yes.

!

Skip

I do not. This is right on schedule for me. Love it.

내 생각은 아니야. 모든 건 다 계획대로 진행되고 있는거지. 난 좋아.

좀 자극적인 내용도 많고 짐작이 대분분이지만 이런 맛으로 보는 쇼라서 뭐 괜찮지 않나 생각합니다.

그나저나 이번 패배로 73승이 많이 어려워 지기는 했네요. 스퍼스가 골스를 상대로 홈에서 제대로 한번 붙을 것인가가 많이 궁금해 지네요. 물론 폽영감의 속은 알 수가 없지만.

그나저나 스킵이 스퍼스에게 이렇게 자신만만한것은 오랜만이네요. 작년도 그렇고 제작년 우승할 때도 맨날 '내 스퍼스' '내 스퍼스' 어쩌구 저쩌구 하면서 엄살이 엄청 심했거든요. 심지어 14년 우승당시 마이애미 우승을 점치기도 했었던 사람인데.

무튼 재미로 보세요

Comments
2016-04-07 11:08:58

영감님 속이야 오랜팬인 제가 봐도 모르니....

2016-04-07 11:25:40

결국 포포비치 머릿속은 아무도 모른다는 맥락으로 끝나는군요 

Updated at 2016-04-07 11:27:04

훌륭한 번역, 감사합니다.

그런데 그 와중에 보스턴 의문의 까임... 

2016-04-07 11:35:54

제발 스킵, 스퍼스 설레발은 치지 말아주세요. 

WR
2016-04-07 11:39:11

원래 너무 엄살 부려서 오히려 욕먹던 형인데 이번에는 왜 그런지 모르겠네요. 허-

Updated at 2016-04-07 11:52:51

skip이 있어서 읽는 초반에 스킵하는 대목인줄 알았다는...

재즈 경기는 주전 뺄 줄 알았는데 안 빼서 저도 당했어요. 아마 유타 8위를 의도한 거 같은데, 사실 진짜 그런 의도인지는 잘 모르겠습니다. 내용을 보니 저번에 보여준 골스 전략 외에도 다른 걸 준비해놨을 수도 있겠구나 싶네요. 당연히 커 감독도 준비한 것들이 있을 테니 골스팬이나 스퍼스팬이나 전략보는 재미도 상당할 듯요.

2016-04-07 12:45:46

스티븐 A 스미스 의견에 동의하고 싶지 않은데 스킵 베일리스가 항상 더 이상한 얘기를 해서 스미스 의견에 동의하게 되는 First Take...

2016-04-07 12:59:43

저는 이번에는 스킵말이 틀린 거 없어보이네요. 골스팬이라 더 불안해보여서 그런지는 몰라도 이제 부상자들 복귀했으니 좀더 안전하게 경기운영했으면 좋겠습니다.

2016-04-07 13:48:46

여러모로 올시즌 골스는 정말 다이나믹하네요. 기록도전, 백투백우승도전, 최고승률임에도 아직 확정되지 않은 1위등.. 모든걸 이겨내고 챔프가 되는 순간 역대급시즌 중 하나가 될것은 분명하군요.

hou
24-03-23
bos
24-03-18
atlgsw
24-03-18
bosden
24-03-16
den
24-03-14
lal
24-02-24